Skip to main content

Networking Event 3rd of November

I attended the Networking event on the 3rd of November hosted by Kieron Pepper in the Billings with the goal of meeting a couple of business students from whom I could learn a couple of things.

I arrived at 18:00 when the event started and wasn't quite sure what to expect but the place was completely packed to my surprise. There were too many people in the room for my liking but I still managed to grab a seat.
Kieron started off the event by introducing the business students and the tech services students and then gave us 5 minutes to talk to them. This repeated for about 4 times and it was very chaotic but I was able to talk to two business students and I have followed up by adding them on facebook and writing with them. 
Tomorrow I have a meeting with one of them to discuss publishing and to ask some questions and talk about how we can work together.

I really found the event useful because I actually made some contacts and it wasn't very formal so it was easy to just talk and connect.

I will definitely go to future networking events but I hope that they won't be as full as this one and if they are that there is more space available.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project 4, Session diary 7: Mick Gordon's DOOM soundtrack

Week 3, Monday 15th of May Goals: Optimize workflow, continue working on the instrumental, practice sound design in serum and with the Korg Volca Bass, write notation for instruments to record Resources: DAW (FL Studio, Logic), instruments (guitar, piano, etc.), leads, mics, Diary: I completed 3 of the 4 goals I set myself this week, I practiced sound design and wrote a blog post about how I jammed with the Korg Volca Bass. I continued working on the instrumental and have nearly completed it now. I tested the mix in MIT 3 through the Genelec speakers and wrote down some things I need to focus on and change to make it cleaner. I also restructured my room to create a more comfortable working environment, I moved my bed to the window to create more space to sit at the desk and removed equipment I don’t use to have more desk space. This really helped me optimize my workflow because I didn’t have things lying around and distracting me and additionally I could easily get t...

Project 4 Task deadlines

In Task 1 we have to fill out a proposal form and state the following: - What I've learned till now - What I want to do for my Project 4 Assessment - What resources I will need to facilitate the project - What research I will conduct - Set myself deadlines and create an action plan The deadline for this task is: 08/05/2017 Task 2 is a Research and Development task where we have to research recording examples in Part A, analyse them and write a 500-word blog post about it. Part B is a research exercise about production tools, which ones are good and bad and which ones I will utilise myself and we will have to write another 500-word blog post. The deadline for Part A&B is 05/06/2017 Part C is a ongoing session diary where we update our progress via blog posts. The deadline for this is 19/06/2017 Task 3 is an audio submission of our composition which needs to be handed in by 26/06/2017 And the final task 4 is a written blog post of 500 words where we evaluate how...

Divinity Roxx masterclass

After I heard at the odeon session, that BeyoncĂ©s bassist  and creative director Divinity Roxx was holding a masterclass I immediately signed up for it. I've never heard of her before but since she had wirked with BeyoncĂ© I figured that she must have loads of experience in the industry and I could definitely take something away from the masterclass. So on tuesday the 27th of September 2016  I went there and when she came in and played her first song I was very impressed. She mixed rap with incredible bass riffs and I just enjoyed listening.  She then did a lot of q&a and talked about how she got to the level she is on now and what really surprised me, was that she first started playing bass after graduating highschool. So that was a big eyeopener to me that you dont necessarily have to do something for an extremely long time to succeed, you have to be driven and work as hard as you can! What I also learned from her is that you should live your life and en...