Skip to main content

19th - 25th of September week update

Last week was very successful, all in all I finished 2 tracks, released one on a big label, started 4 collaborations with very talented artists and worked on my improving keyboard skills and theoretical knowledge. I also sent loads of promo emails which I haven't really done a lot in the past.

The two tracks I finished still need to be mixed and mastered but one of them is ready to send to the manager of a big rapper with whom I have collaborated before. The second track is ready to be sent to label and promo channels to try to release them on there.

On friday the 23rd of september I released a track on Tribal Trap, they have 95.9k followers on soundcloud and over 550.000 subscribers on youtube so that was a huge opportunity to gain some exposure and legitimacy. My track also got reposted by a lot of other big labels which I look up to and I hope this is the chance to be able to ask them if I can send them mails to be able to release on their labels and thst they'll agree...

As i mentioned I started 4 collaborations,
2 of them are with other electronic producers and the other 2 with songwriters, vocalists, a drum and a bass player.
I'm trying to get better at writing lyrics but it's less my thing.. I enjoy producing way more.
This week I invested in the Komplete Kontrol s49 and it is amazing!!! I'm completely in love with this midi keyboard, it has so many awesome features and is perfect for learning to play chords, scales and overall improving my keyboard playing skill level. It has lights which you can programme to light up the notes of the different scales in every key which let's face it is pretty incredible.
I've noticed how music has now fully and completely taken over my life.. I'm addicted to producing and l spend almost every minute of the day either producing or listening to music... I haven't played videogames in over a month but I feel extremely happy and fullfilled and cannot wait to just go full in and try to get my music heard and to the next level in these next 2 years.

Here's the track I released on Tribal Trap:
KITTN & Born I Music - Angels
https://soundcloud.com/tribaltrapmusic/angels



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project 4, Session diary 7: Mick Gordon's DOOM soundtrack

Week 3, Monday 15th of May Goals: Optimize workflow, continue working on the instrumental, practice sound design in serum and with the Korg Volca Bass, write notation for instruments to record Resources: DAW (FL Studio, Logic), instruments (guitar, piano, etc.), leads, mics, Diary: I completed 3 of the 4 goals I set myself this week, I practiced sound design and wrote a blog post about how I jammed with the Korg Volca Bass. I continued working on the instrumental and have nearly completed it now. I tested the mix in MIT 3 through the Genelec speakers and wrote down some things I need to focus on and change to make it cleaner. I also restructured my room to create a more comfortable working environment, I moved my bed to the window to create more space to sit at the desk and removed equipment I don’t use to have more desk space. This really helped me optimize my workflow because I didn’t have things lying around and distracting me and additionally I could easily get t...

Project 4 Task deadlines

In Task 1 we have to fill out a proposal form and state the following: - What I've learned till now - What I want to do for my Project 4 Assessment - What resources I will need to facilitate the project - What research I will conduct - Set myself deadlines and create an action plan The deadline for this task is: 08/05/2017 Task 2 is a Research and Development task where we have to research recording examples in Part A, analyse them and write a 500-word blog post about it. Part B is a research exercise about production tools, which ones are good and bad and which ones I will utilise myself and we will have to write another 500-word blog post. The deadline for Part A&B is 05/06/2017 Part C is a ongoing session diary where we update our progress via blog posts. The deadline for this is 19/06/2017 Task 3 is an audio submission of our composition which needs to be handed in by 26/06/2017 And the final task 4 is a written blog post of 500 words where we evaluate how...

Divinity Roxx masterclass

After I heard at the odeon session, that BeyoncĂ©s bassist  and creative director Divinity Roxx was holding a masterclass I immediately signed up for it. I've never heard of her before but since she had wirked with BeyoncĂ© I figured that she must have loads of experience in the industry and I could definitely take something away from the masterclass. So on tuesday the 27th of September 2016  I went there and when she came in and played her first song I was very impressed. She mixed rap with incredible bass riffs and I just enjoyed listening.  She then did a lot of q&a and talked about how she got to the level she is on now and what really surprised me, was that she first started playing bass after graduating highschool. So that was a big eyeopener to me that you dont necessarily have to do something for an extremely long time to succeed, you have to be driven and work as hard as you can! What I also learned from her is that you should live your life and en...